Last night I received a phone call from a teacher at Enterprise asking me to come sub for her class tomorrow. Really?!! I am still in Oxford and I couldn't do it!! It melted my heart but once again (as my friend Kayla says).. that was God's way of assuring me that I am making the right decisions in my life. I am so excited to get to Enterprise and see what He was waiting for me there!
I have won custody of our dog, Chloe! She will be making the move with me! We will be anxiously waiting for Eli to make the move (God willing). I am going to miss this simple life I have lived in Oxford with my husband. I am going to miss cooking dinner for him and working out together every evening. But I will see him every weekend so I have to remain positive!
I have become VERYYY close to the Lampton family while I have been in Oxford. Chancie is like my older sister and her children are like my nieces and nephew! I love those "Little toots" (as I always call them) and I am going to miss so much in their life. I have watched them grow up over the last two years and have had the chance to be involved in their lives. I feel like I do everything with and for those kids but pay for them! When I hear them say "Miss Amy I'm going to miss you when you live in Brookhaven" my heart melts and I cry inside. I know that I will definitely cry when I tell them that it will be a few days before I get to see them again. They just don't understand.
On to a happier note!!
In my attempts to be a conservative wife and very budget friendly, I have started making my own laundry detergent. I love the detergent and will never buy name brand detergent again. Well lat night, I made my own shower cleaner! It works better than anything I have ever bought. And I used to spend big bucks on those mr. clean magic erasers to clean that nasty shower but NO MORE!
I am planning a huge yard sale the first weekend in March in Brookhaven. I am busy cleaning out my house and collecting things to get rid of! I am partnering with Eli's mom and grandmother on this sale and I am just tickled!
Speaking of selling, I sold a textbook on Amazon last night!!! I cleaned out a closet and got rid of a bunch of old text books that I doubt I will ever look at again! It's the simple things in life that I get excited about!!
Tonight I am going to make Eli's favorite dinner, chicken tortilla soup and cornbread. And when I say this is his favorite I'm not joking. He will make comments about it the whole time he eats it and will not complain about eating it left over the next day!
Since this is my last week here, I am making the best of it. I have to make sure all laundry is done, the house is clean, and the poor husband has food to eat. So off I go to get busy!!
Living in love!!
Amy
That is just crazy... but definitely a God thing... that a teacher called you last night! Hurry up and get home!
ReplyDeleteI am inspired by all your wifely duties you seem to excel at! I just swept the floors and started a load of laundry and... whew... I think I've completed my chores for the month!